Saturday, 8 April 2017

Sands of Malcapuya: Coron Island Escapade

What's your idea of a perfect beach? Mine is secluded, has powdery white sand, and has clear turquoise waters. If you're anything like me, and those things are a must for you too, then Malcapuya Island in Coron, Palawan will surely be a paradise for you. Here's why!

The trip to Malcapuya Island was definitely one of the highlights of my recent Coron trip. It ticks off all the boxes in my beach checklist! It has the finest sand that I have ever seen! And I think that the sand of this island gives Boracay a run for her money!
Aside from its superb sand and waters, the island also has rock formations along its shoreline. Super perfect for taking photos like this one! Okay, maybe this one is slightly awkward!

If you're asking yourself rn on how you can go to this island, well you're in luck 'coz I'm in the mood to tell you (just kiddin' I'm really gonna tell you! haha). The jump-off point to this island is via Coron Town Proper.

There are several tour operators offering tours to Malcapuya Island bundled with 2 other islands. It's under the Coron Tour C which is P1200/head. That's standard for all tour operators but I heard from a friend that you can haggle the cost. For my trip to Malcapuya, I booked a trip with JY Travel and Tours. The package includes a hotel pickup, entrance fees, lunch buffet, a life vest, and of course the tour. It's a bonus too that their tour guides are really funny!

Coron Tour C also has side trips to Bulog Dos Island and Banana Island in the bag.
The first stop in the tour is Bulog Dos Island. It has a stunning sand bar, and it houses the famous Two Seasons Coron Island Resort.
 There's a hill on top of the small island where you can catch a perfect view of the island but, sadly, I wasn't able to climb it 'coz I was too busy relaxing and admiring the islands beauty.
There are also lots of starfish scattered along its powdery shores so watch out for those, and remember not to pick them up!

Next stop for Tour C: Banana Island. Your tour guide might tell you that this is the best island among the 3. Why? Because this is where you'll have your lunch buffet! I know! They really try to be funny!!!
TBH, the island isn't that spectacular but you can do other things here like snorkeling! You're guide will give you ample time to eat, relax, and swim around.
They're definitely saving the best for last 'coz Malcapuya Island is after Banana Island.

Let me know what you think about Malcapuya, Bulog Dos, and Banana Islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment